Golf Programs Offered
Sunday Golf Academy for Adults
Join us at 4pm every Sunday starting April 11th for a 60-minute golf academy for adults. Each week will feature a different skill such as putting, chipping, bunker play, approach shots, irons, hybrids, drivers, trajectory, shot shaping, purposeful practice on the range, purposeful practice on the green as well as other fun games and friendly competition. The schedule is posted in the golf shop, so simply sign up for as many as you want. The academy is open to both men and women of any ability level. We will not have class on May 30th, July 4th or September 6th.
Caldwell Parks and Recreation Golf Classes
Pete Burton, PGA Teaching Pro, serves as the lead instructor for all City of Caldwell Parks and Recreation golf classes. Junior, family and adult lessons are available throughout the year at both Purple Sage and Fairview Golf Courses.
Spring 2021 Parks and Recreation Golf Classes:
Family Lessons: Saturdays April 17 – May 15th 5:30pm – 6:45pm at Purple Sage
Summer 2021 Parks and Recreation Golf Classes:
- Advanced Junior Boys Session 1: Tuesdays, 9:00am – 10:15am, June 1 – June 29 at Purple Sage
- Advanced Junior Girls Session 1: Tuesdays, 10:30am – 11:45am, June 1 – June 29 at Purple Sage
- Beginner Junior Golf Classes Session 1: Wednesdays, 10:00am – 11:15am, June 2 – June 30 at Fairview
- Advanced Junior Boys Session 2: Tuesdays, 9:00am – 10:15am, July 13 – August 10 at Purple Sage
- Advanced Junior Girls Session 2: Tuesdays, 10:30am – 11:45am, July 13 – August 10th at Purple Sage
- Beginner Junior Golf Classes Session 2: Wednesdays, 10:00am – 11:15am, July 14 – August 11 at Fairview
Fall 2021 Parks and Recreation Golf Classes:
- Adult Stay and Play: Wednesdays, 6:00pm – 7:30pm, September 1 – September 29th at Fairview
- Family Golf Lessons: Saturdays, 5:30pm – 6:45pm, September 11 – October 9th at Fairview
PGA Junior League 13U
PGA Junior League is a competitive league open to boys and girls ages 7 years old to 13 years old. Teams play a 9-hole match in a two-person scramble format, reinforcing the team concept and creating a nurturing environment for learning the game. The season usually starts around mid-May and concludes the first week of August. During the season, juniors have both a weekly practice and a weekly match at surrounding courses in the Caldwell/Nampa/Meridian area in the month of June and July. See below to learn more about PGA Junior League.
Pete serves as the Captain for the PGA Junior League 13U team which practices at both courses.